"Mystery of the Black Diamond"



The black diamond; one of the most valuable treasure of our family, inherited from our ancestors. My grandmother looks after it now. She once told me that it was found on a wrecked pirate ship in one underwater expedition taken by my great-great-grandfather. It is the pride of our family. No one is allowed to touch it except my grandmother. Though she once let me hold it, maybe because she loves me and trusts me the most. Maybe someday I’ll be in charge of that precious diamond. I also feel proud to have that diamond in my family. People all around the world often seek permission just to see that ancient diamond for once. My grandmother once decided to place the diamond for some guests coming from abroad. It was almost like an exhibition of the black diamond. My grandma wanted to put it with some special decorations so we arranged a special room for the exhibition. But something terrible happened on the day of the exhibition. The Black Diamond went missing. It was put in the highly secured clear box on a red pillow. But right before the opening, the security guard informed us that the diamond was not found on its place. My grandma almost fainted on hearing the news. I went there instantly and told the guards to close every door and windows of the room. Because somehow i felt that the diamond was still there. Cause no one can possibly steal and escape in such a short time. No one from the outside came so i was sure that the thief was someone from the inside. So i asked the guard who came in this room till now. He told me about two guards including himself, one cleaner and some mechanics to watch over the light settings through the exhibition. So i called every one of them and asked what where they doing when the diamond was stolen. The guards were at the front door. The cleaner was cleaning near them .The guards told it was true. And the mechanics were fixing the lights above the diamond for adding more colorful lights. Suddenly i asked them to turn the light on which was beings fixed by them at that time. But one of them said that it was not ready yet and needs more fixing. I insisted the guards to turn the lights on because their hesitation made them suspicious to me. After turning the lights on various colors were seen. But one of the lights was off. I asked the guard to bring a ladder and look at that light closely. Just as i suspected, it was the diamond inside it! They stole it but didn't get time to escape so they hid it in the light. They thought they would take it away in the name of fixing later. It was such a small light that no one could easily notice it being off. They were captured immediately and put into jail. And my grandma felt ease to see that diamond safe and sound. I am just glad that I could solve the mystery of the missing diamond in time!

***FIN*** 



*** This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost & Found

Little Prince: Why are you sad? Me: I feel lost. Little Prince: Well, what did you lose?  I can help you find it then... (Looking with cur...