The Shadow



Shadows are the most normal things for people but not for me. I never saw mine. I can see others with shadows when they are in the light but I am the unfortunate person who is living without a shadow of my own.  I feel incomplete without it. Now I know how important a shadow is when I have lost it forever. I don’t know whether I will ever get my shadow back or not. This is the strangest thing happened that changed my life forever. This dreadful incident took place when I was in high school. I used to live alone for my residence was far away from my school. I lived alone because the house in which I took for rent was real creepy so normally none of my friends agreed to live there. But I had to due to some financial problems. And I never believed in supernatural things so it was a little easy for me to live there. After my shifting there nothing really happened for a week. But soon everything in my life changed….
One night when I was studying in my room I just felt that I was being watched. Next moment I actually saw a shadow on the other side of my window which was just beside my bed.  I couldn’t believe my eyes at first. Suddenly when it started to talk to me I was almost going to faint but managed not to somehow. The shadow asked me in a real heavy voice what I wanted. I couldn’t think of anything and fearfully asked him who he was. He answered that the owner of the house captured him long ago made him his servant. But after the death of his master he was trapped in that house waiting for his new master and now he found me. At that time I was abusing myself for not listening to my friends when they warned me about this ghost but changed my mind hearing that he could grant any one wish but in return I will have to give him something very valuable of mine.  After a little thought I decided to ask for my wish, as I became a little greedy at that time. I told him to make me good at everything and it really happened. I realized it that after going to school next morning.  I became expert in almost everything.  I became famous among everyone in my school. But after that I never saw that mysterious shadow again. I was a little happy thinking that he forgot to take anything precious of mine but soon my happiness turned to be my worst nightmare when I discovered that I lost my shadow. That ghost servant took my shadow from me! I thought that what could possibly go wrong without a shadow? But after losing my shadow I became someone different. I always felt lonely and weak. I felt like I have lost my heart. Although everyone liked me but I never wanted anyone. I became lost in my own lonesome world. Every night I waited for that servant by the window but it never returned. I still live in that house waiting for something miracle to happen. I don’t know if I’ll ever see my shadow again. But if I ever meet that ghost servant again I would definitely ask him to take everything that I wished for and give my shadow back to me because I feel like I’m dying slowly without it. I think the real owner of this house and the real master of the shadow ghost may have also lost his life like this and now it is my turn……. 

****THE END****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost & Found

Little Prince: Why are you sad? Me: I feel lost. Little Prince: Well, what did you lose?  I can help you find it then... (Looking with cur...