"BITTERSWEET"



So it all happened like this, I took a small trip on a summer vacation toward the hills. I love to explore hill sides so i was enjoying every moment of my stay there.
I used to get up real early to take a walk along the forest path …Loved the atmosphere when everyone was asleep even the birds. I felt like I was the only one awake. Words cannot describe the feeling I had at that time! It was really peaceful. So like always I got up early and went for my walk one day but this time my best friend joined me. We walked for some time and decided to leave the path and go through the bushes and wild trees. It is true that his company gave me a little courage to go a little further this time. So we kept walking and soon discovered a beautiful cascade. By that time he sun was up. John (my friend) told me that he wants to take shower and invited me but somehow I refused to and sat on a stone near. I was enjoying the natural view with all of my heart when John suddenly asked if I heard something or not. I tried to listen but couldn’t. So I told him that he is hearing false noises and laughed. After some time he again told me that he saw a lady singing in a cave behind the cascade. I believed that he was joking and just said that nice try. But after some time I heard no sound of my friend! My heart sank with fear to see that there was no one behind the cascade. And no cave. I searched around several times but failed to find him. This made me mad and somehow I returned hotel and asked for help. But I became more shocked to hear what they said to me. They said that there was no one named John with me staying in that hotel. One even told me to take rest because he thought I was hallucinating! When I called home they also had no clue who John was , not even my friends. This made me insane but I decided to went back there again next morning same time to find out exactly what happened with John behind the cascade. On my going there I went behind the cascade of the time John disappeared. All on a sudden I heard a voice…turning around I saw a cave which was not there a while ago… Somehow gathered courage to go inside…What I saw after going inside was shocking. I almost fainted. Saw a girl sitting on a stone. But when she turned around I actually realized that it was a witch which sang to lure people towards her. Somehow I fled from there and reached my hotel room. I never went back and will always be broken for the death of my dearest friend John, who seemed to vanish from the time. But I will always remember this horrible incident and his death will be a burden on my heart forever……

***FIN***


*** This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental***




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost & Found

Little Prince: Why are you sad? Me: I feel lost. Little Prince: Well, what did you lose?  I can help you find it then... (Looking with cur...